Occupational Health & Safety Systems
OHSAS 18001:2007 establishes the requirements for a Health and Safety Management System that supports organisations in controlling work related risks, protects the health and welfare of employees and improves business performance.
It requires the creation of a management system that focuses on prevention and improvement.
Obtaining OHSAS 18001 demonstrates that you have:-
- Met the requirements of HASW 1974
- Procedures in place for the assessment of risk, hazard identification and control of identified risks
- Structured health and safety training and are able to demonstrate competency
- Procedures for emergency preparedness and response
- Effective consultation and communication processes
- Health and safety objectives and performance measures